Thursday, April 2, 2009

What a week! Flu and post cruciate surgery on dog (ACL)

I got the flu and was miserably sick since Sunday. Now I'm just exhausted. It's no fun taking your dog out on a leash to potty when you're sick. And it's raining. Yeah. Good times.

I am calling the vet tomorrow to see if I should leave the dog in the crate all the time. Supposedly, it's okay to have them loose in the house when you are there, but then they also tell you no trotting, running, or sudden movements. Well, I'm sorry - but when someone knocks on my door, the dog pops up, runs to the door... and how am I supposed to avoid that other than keep her crated 24/7?? She's also been hyper-skittish (she's always has paranoid tendencies, like that Kiwi's backpack is going to eat her when she's not looking) but it's worse now - even a piece of paper flitting down from the table will send her running. So of course I'm paranoid she's already messed up the knee that was just fixed! sigh. It's gonna be a long 8 weeks.....

1 comment:

  1. Just do one day at a time...or maybe one minute at a time, and you WILL get through it.

    ReplyDelete