Monday, March 9, 2009

The Value of the Husband

Hey, I'll be honest here - for awhile now (a long while) I've been thinking my husband did about jack-diddly-squat around here. In fact, I'll be quite transparent - I figured life would be fine if he was elsewhere and just sent home the paycheck. Yeah, sad, I know! Guess what? Now that we are in that situation (predicament, really!) I have learned something.... it totally sucks. Yep, that's right! I really, really want to live in the same place as my hubby, who did an incredible amount of good around here!! From taking out the trash, changing lightbulbs, making sure the furnace works (yeah, it was 55 degrees in here this morning...brrrrrr) all those little things I'd been taking for granted. Especially helping with our daughter... that's huge. It's far more work than I can really handle on my own. I will be thankful and incredibly grateful when this little part of our life is over..... and I won't forget how much he means to me.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Ann! I love the transparency of your post. Often, we take our husbands for granted. It seems to rub off on us from the world outside.

    Have you seen the movie "Fireproof"?

    ReplyDelete