Monday, January 19, 2009

Presidential broo-ha-ha

I, for one, will just be glad when tomorrow is over. I am thrilled about the apparent step in the right direction the US has taken - a big step away from racism. That part is awesome. But as for our new president? Who some would like to worship?? Why is it the media seems to think this man can do no wrong? For instance: This is a small thing, but a good example. There is a huge push in America today to ban smoking. Stuff all over says how bad it is. Not once - not once! - during the campaigning did I see a picture of this man with a cigarette. Why?? Because it would have tarnished his "oh so perfect a man" image? Would any of us have really cared? Are we Americans so dumb we are taken in by a smooth talker?? Are we all about "change", even if it's bad? I don't get it, at all.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. It would've been great if he donated the $150 million to the poor and had a simple ceremony. Obama is a corporate man - big business payed for his election and they're expecting a return on their money. And expanding the war against Afghanistan is a war crime. I don't expect much change for the better.

    ReplyDelete